Tom graduated from The University of Manitoba in 1987, with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, and became registered as a member of APEGM in 1990.
Tom has been with Crosier Kilgour & Partners Ltd. since 1993, and a partner with the firm since 2001. In 2015, Tom took on the role of Vice-President. Tom specializes in the design and management of large and/or complex projects, and brings a high level of expertise to the process of design and project delivery. As a designer with Crosier Kilgour, he has been involved in Winnipeg landmarks such as MTS Centre, the Casino’s of Winnipeg and the Manitoba Hydro Downtown Office Building.
In 2000, Tom began supporting electrical consultants with structural design of electrical facilities such as control buildings, substations, wind farms, co-generation facilities, transformer foundations and containment systems.
Some of the projects that Tom and Crosier Kilgour have been involved with include:
Manitoba Hydro Burrows Substation
- Responsible for the structural design of the control building housing switchgear and coordination between Mechanical, Electrical & Architectural disciplines.
Manitoba Hydro System Control Centre
- Structural design of a tornado resistant, concrete building housing the System Control Centre for Province’s power grid.
Mtwara Substation, Tanzania
- Designed the concrete foundations and bases for transformer and other substation equipment.
St. Kitts Windfarm, St. Kitts & Nevis, Caribbean
- Designed the concrete foundations and bases for wind turbine towers, transformer and other substation equipment.
TransCanada Pipeline Co-generation Station – Combined Cycle Power Plants – North Bay and Kapuskasing, Ontario
Birchtree Substation Foundation Design
- Concrete foundation design.
- As the civil subconsultant, responsibilities included the design of equipment foundations, termination structure design, design of grading and surfacing of substation including special allowance for transformer transportation.
Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting, 110Kv Transmission Line
- Responsible for the design and layout of the pole line and termination structures.
Manitoba Hydro Thermal Generation Plants – Coal Handling Systems – Selkirk and Brandon, Manitoba